The Disaster Experience --- A Mock Disaster Exercise
Business Continuity Planning has never been more critical to the long-term success and survivability of organizations than today, regardless of their size, location, industry, or revenue. However, creating and maintaining a Business Continuity Plan (BCP) still remains low on the priority of organizations' leadership: limited resources require organizations to focus more intently on their core business, not Business Continuity Planning.
Billions of dollars in productivity, revenue, and ill will between customers and organizations are lost every year as a result of disasters and companies' inability to respond to them appropriately. Businesses may even be forced to close their doors for good, increasing unemployment and draining the resources of local economies.
These tabletop exercises are designed to put you in the throes of a real-life disaster situation - as it unfolds. You will make the critical decisions any organization will have to make - and deal with the consequences of those decisions! After you've finished, you'll understand the importance of planning in advance for a disaster or other business disruption. Custom exercises can be developed to meet any specific length or content requirements
Never be caught unprepared again!
Session participants will:
- Understand the basic principles of emergency management and how they apply to Business Continuity Planning and effective risk management;
- Understand the importance of creating, maintaining, and testing a Business Continuity Plan;
- Experience first-hand the problems that can result from a poorly developed, poorly executed, or non-existent plan;
- Have an opportunity to share personal experiences with colleagues regarding business continuity challenges;
- Discuss lessons learned from both previously experienced disasters and future disasters that could affect their organization.
- 3 to 4 hours (typically 3.5 hours)
- 90 minutes to 2 hours for a QuickFire
Audience: Attendees at any level will benefit from this session